Baptism is the event of being washed (Titus 3:5), made new (Romans 6:3-7), covered (Galatians 3:26-28), and blessed by the Spirit (Acts 19:1-7) (Galatians 5:22-26).
Adult baptism is offered once in the spring, summer, and fall. Infant baptisms can be scheduled any Sunday there is availability. Contact us to inquire about a baptismal date. Horizons believes in only one baptism, but confirmation students and adults may choose to reaffirm their baptism and rededicate their lives to Christ.
- Horizons does not require membership for baptism.
- Horizons baptizes by sprinkling water over the head or by full immersion.
- Horizons baptizes adults as a sign of personal salvation and new life with Christ.
- Infants are baptized as a sign of dedicating the child to God's care in the presence
of a nurturing community until the child has the chance to choose Christ for him or herself.
- Horizons baptizes only as a community event, in the context of a worship service.